Khursheed Manzil or the “House of the Sun” is the main building of La Martiniere Girls’ College. It houses the college office and residential quarters of the students. It is a large double storeyed mansion marked by six low towers. Planned by Saadat Ali Khan, it was completed by his son Ghazi-ud-din Haider. It is built in the form of a castle fortified by a twelve foot wide moat over which there was formerly a drawbridge. During the 1st War of Independence, 1857, Khursheed Manzil was the location of some very stubborn fighting. At that time it served as the Mess House of the officers of the 32nd Regiment.
The college is situated in the heart of the city and stands upon high ground. Apart from the main building, Khursheed Manzil, additions and improvements have been made. There are now fourteen main college buildings connected by covered corridors, housing large and airy dormitories, dining halls, library, laboratories and of course the classrooms. The college auditorium is a separate building, located near the main entrance. The college also has a small hospital in the charge of a qualified nurse and an Honorary Doctor. The college grounds apart from the lawn, gardens and orchards; also house badminton, basketball and tennis courts, a large playing field and a swimming pool.