La Martinière Girls Alumni Association
Welcome to your La Martinière Girls’ Alumni Association, where we support the College’s mission of “Service to Others by improving the lives of vulnerable individuals, families and communities” through several social outreach projects.
Headquartered in La Martinière Girls’ College, Lucknow we serve a community that extends the culture of campus to local communities with the help of alumni, several friends & well-wishers of the institution. LMGAA spearheads several and varied programs based on the ever-changing need of the community we serve. A few examples:
• Plants for the Planet: The Annual Tree Plantation Drive in schools, local communities and neighbourhoods is a proactive solution-based approach for protecting our environment.
• Health Camps: Held annually in underprivileged schools and neighbouring slums it includes Oral Hygiene, Eye Care, Menstrual Hygiene and information on Gynaecological problems for women. Children and parents alike love the free hamper of stationery, toiletries and hygiene kits. A big THANK YOU to the doctors (parents &alumni) who contribute their time, expertise and donate so generously.
• Financial Assistance: A deserving student of limited financial means can earn a scholarship of Rs 20,000 for undergraduate studies. For those in need, LMGAA assists needy/underprivileged with medical bills for serious long-term illnesses and for the treatment of terminally ill children / senior citizens.
• Career Festivals: Are a boon for the stressed parents of overwhelmed students from schools across the city. Successful and well-placed individuals (several Alumni) are role models who offer practical advice about career choices to the next generation.
• Cultural Shows: LMGAA ensures the importance of a well-rounded education by organizing cultural programs like Film shows, Rain Dance, Diwali / Christmas Dance and SPIC MACAY programmes.
• Preserving our Heritage: LMGAA contributes generously towards the restoration of Khursheed Manzil. A big THANK YOU to several generous Alumni who have made this possible.
• LMGAA Awards: Retired staff earns the coveted Life Time Achievement Award for their dedicated service to either/both Colleges. A proud Class XII Student earns the very respected LMGAA Medal for Good Conduct. A support staff too is given an award for dedicated service to the College.
• Alumni Gatherings: Annual Founder’s Day dinner (12th September), Alumni Dinners in December &hosting ad-hoc Reunions
We celebrate and support the truly global La Martinière family of alumni, parents and fans. On behalf of all of us, thank you for your dedication to La Martinière & Welcome!
Vive La Martinière!